Chances are you’ve probably heard about meditation as it seems to be all the rage at the moment. However this seems to be a fad that will be sticking around for quite some time due its many benefits and the fact that it absolutely free to do. Many successful people such as Oprah, Madonna, Russel Brand and Hugh Jackman swear by their daily meditation practice to help keep them mentally and physically well.
Here are just some of the benefits you should hope to see from starting a daily meditation practice.
- It helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
- It helps to improve concentration and focus.
- It helps increase energy levels.
- It makes you more able to process information and make better decisions.
- It helps increase your emotional intelligence – this is especially important for building great relationships with other people!
- It helps decreases blood pressure.
- It helps you get more in touch with your true self, which means you’ll be more able to figure out what your passionate about and what drives you.
- It makes you more self aware of the way you treat yourself and others.
- It lowers the risk of depression.
- It aids in better sleep.
Meditation is a simple as sitting down and not thinking for a short or long period of time. However as simple as it sounds it can be very hard due to our monkey minds thinking about a million different things all the time (especially if you’re a woman!) Luckily there are many great apps with guided meditations as well as apps that teach you how to start. There are also lots of online courses and even mediation studios if you want to get really serious about it.
However if you don’t feel like trying any of those things meditation really is as simple as just sitting with your eyes closed and paying attention to the sensation of your breath as you just let thoughts wash over rather than dwell on them. Give it a go for at least 5 minutes a day for the next 21 days. It may seem hard at first but if you keep at it you’ll start to see the benefits in no time!