Turmeric is a yellow or orange coloured root that has and has been used in India and Asia due to its powerful healing properties for hundreds of years. It is arguably one of the most powerful healing foods out there and studies have shown that it has a huge range of health benefits. You can typically get Turmeric in 3 forms, the fresh root form which is the best way to consume it to get the maximum health benefits, powder form which is great for making drinks, soups and curries or in paste form which is also great for making dishes like curries.
Some of the amazing benefits of this ancient root include:
- It has anti inflammatory properties. Tip. if you suffer from period pain turmeric will help reduce this.
- It’s full of antioxidants which are great for keeping your skin looking healthy and young.
- Decreases the risk of depression and lowers the risk of other brain disease
- It’s high in Curcumin which may help reduce heart disease.
- It can help prevent and in some cases treat cancer.
- It helps reduce arthritis symptoms due to its anti inflammatory properties.
- It helps to heal wounds faster.
- It helps to soothe your digestion.
Some great ways to add turmeric to your everyday diet include:
Golden Milk, this is a great delcious healthy alternative to coffee. Get the recipe here.
Add it to your smoothie. Give this recipe a try.
Add it to a curry dish like this butter chicken.
Add it to your salad or salad dressing, try this recipe.
Add it to soup, just like this Turmeric Broth detox soup.
Use it to make healthy gummy lollies, get the recipe here.