If you’re in a long-term relationship and have been for many years, you may have noticed your partner doesn’t pay enough attention to you or is not as romantic or spontaneous as before. So what are you supposed to do after a long work week, chasing the kids and all the hectic daily life moments you have? You’re exhausted and the last thing on either of your minds is getting your ‘sexy on’.
Looking for little moments to show your partner how much you love and appreciate them doesn’t have to take a lot of money or time.
- Everyone buys gas for their vehicles at least once a week, so when paying slip in one of those prepackaged single red roses near the check-out register. For as little as an extra dollar or two, you can give this to your partner ‘just because’. After all, do we really need a holiday or birthday as an excuse to buy a rose?
- Date night doesn’t have to be a dinner out. Bring home the meal or take-out, set the table with candles and lower the lights; after the kids have gone to bed, of course. And to make the night complete, offer to help with the clean up, or give your partner the night off and you do it.
- Give your partner an unexpected back massage. But don’t stop there, rub his or her feet, legs- make it an all over body massage. Nothing helps wash away the day or week’s stress like a relaxing massage. And you never know, it may lead to more.
- Bring the kitchen into the mix. Have a blindfolded taste testing. Use fruit, whipped toppings (plain and flavored), chocolate covered pretzels, or whatever your partner’s desire (favorite foods) are. Whisper ‘sweet nothings’ as you feed each other.
- Share a bath or showering together can be fun and really adds a sensuality to any relationship. But inside of just a joined bubble bath or washing each other’s backs- have some fun with it. Buy children’s ‘painting soaps’ and draw on it other. Maybe draw circles on your own body were your partner should be paying more attention to. Not only is this fun, but it helps each of you to know what turns the other person on.
- Do your own ‘where we first met scavenger hunt’. Over the years you have shared some great memories and this may take a lot of planning, help and preparation but in the end it will all be worth it. Have four or five little ‘stops’ and clues with the final location being where you first met. At that location have a picnic prepared, a special meal or whatever the location calls for.
- Buy a variety of specialty cheeses, deli meats, crackers and maybe two different wines. Set up a cheese and wine table and share the stress of the day; sometimes just talking to reconnect will open up the flood gates to more intimacy.
- Put together a lunch (all your partners favorite foods) and/or a work survival box and deliver it to his or her office. Make sure all the items are appropriate. Having a delivery at work, being the envy of others in the office, will definitely make your partner feel appreciated and more than likely they will reciprocate at home.
All these are simple ways that anyone can add some variety to their normally hectic days. It reminds you why you fell in love with your partner and should lend a helping hand with spicing up the romance and bedroom.